Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mommy dearest...

Like an old granny, I'm already cranky from not having already slept.  I had the longest day ever with the Norms (my mom) and she wore me out.  We took FOREVER at Bed Bath and Beyond looking for some stupid rugs and she ended up walking out with nothing.  Then at Michael's I can't even remember what we were looking for there but my mom was acting OK until we went to Lowe's. 

God, the Lucky Charms dude, and the Keebler's elves know how much I loathe that stupid place.  I kid you not, my mom and I spent at least an hour outside in their garden section looking for these random flowers that my mom couldn't even remember the names of. Then, after having to load all the little pots into the cart, she decides she doesn't want them.  WTF.  It apparently was my fault that she ended up not buying them because I always discourage her with my indifference.  This time, I actually was encouraging her and trying to make her buy them so that we wouldn't waste more time debating whether heathers would go with those other crappy yellow flowers that she wanted to buy.  They were actually very pretty but that's besides the point.

We then made a stop at Kohl's where she continued on her hunt for bedroom rugs.  She was so picky about color that anything even slightly off the shade she wanted was simply wrong to her.  We argued about how we should never go shopping together (the usual...we always shop together anyway) and then I went home to spend an insane amount of time looking for scholarships on the computer.  I was at first somewhat happy to be finding all these great scholarship opportunities until I remembered that the scholarships can only cover the cost of my required student contribution and after it exceeds that amount the rest of the money I receive from outside sources will be used in place of my Harvard scholarship...eh.

At around 9:00 p.m. I went to my grandma's house, called her dog by its wrong name (I always knew that his name was Peewee but for some reason I was calling him Bruno), watched some news on Univision, watched Sabado Gigante, and went home still full from the oatmeal I had eaten at 5 o'clock.

I want to sleep but I have to wait till Toshi gets home so that I can call him...he should just talk to himself before he takes a nap because I'm probably gonna be an asshole and get frustrated while we're talking since all I'm going to be thinking about is sleep.  Nah, I need to stop being so mean to people who tolerate my tantrums.  Besides, I actually kinda want to talk on the phone for a while now.  Just a while...until my eyes close and my inner Godzilla takes over.

Kind heartedly *insert evil cackle*,

Dina Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment