Saturday, May 7, 2011

Harry Potter translated into Latin...no, I'm not shitting you.

While having a lovely conversation with Odessa, we began to discuss languages.  She, self-taught in portuguese and I, as a self-taught in Latin, conversed about several aspects of the languages and I mentioned that I wanted more practice reading long passages.  Of course, I could resort to trying to decode The Metamorphoses or The Aeneid on my own but I simply won't because I'm pretty much not that good. 
She then had a brilliant suggestion: Why not try reading Harry Potter in Latin?

I at first thought that it would be amazing if there was a Latin translation out there but I thought it would be nearly impossible to locate such a version as it, as I originally imagined, probably didn't exist.

When Odessa suddenly stopped messaging me on FB (that meanie...nah...I know your mom is probably getting after you for acting like a burro sin mecate lol joking) I got on my laptop, entered the Amazon website and typed in "Harry Potter Latin" in the search box. 

To my surprise, I actually found some of the Harry Potter books...in LATIN! Even more surprising, I stumbled upon an Ancient Greek version..Harry Potter in Classical languages...imagine that! 
So for you Harry Potter and Classics lovers out there, get your copy.

Other than that, I stayed at home all day reading and doing work for Hamlet so I'm a bit on zombie mode right now.  I have to continue with that shit so I'm gonna skip on out from this beastily laptop and set my mind to some extensively shitty homework. While I do that, I get to smell the rancidity that is boiled eggs...my mom is making potato salad...ew.

It's 11:11,

Dina Starr

No comments:

Post a Comment