Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Long talks.

Today was a beautiful day of domino playing during AP Stats.  I just hate myself for becoming so obsessed with the game!  Other than that, something I did today made me feel like I was in middle school all over again:  talking to a friend for and extended period of time on skype.

In middle school, I remember spending countless hours chatting over the phone about petty nothingness with treacherous bffs who called me to talk bad about eachother (they probably called eachother to talk about me too) and rebellious, metal head, high school boys who couldn't pass Algebra I.  Why I continued such friendships with the people I just described is beyond me.  I wanted to be a rotten little apple, I'm sure.

I logged onto skype a little earlier today than usual and chatted seemingly incessantly with Ben Nuzzo.  The funny thing is that I had not comunicated much with him on the Harvard Class of 2015 group or simply on FB chat but once we first talked on Sunday, he seemed like a pretty cool bean so we talked yesterday for some time and today for about four hours.  Besides him being funny and witty, he is also honest and courteous too...especially for situations involving blouses that go down and begin to expose too much.  If you understood what I was saying there, great.  If not, get an imagination.

We got off not too long ago and after the conversation, I felt like I was thirteen again. Lately, I've been too nostalgic for my own good but I loved it because I had not done such a long talking session since the days I was at Garcia Middle School getting into fights with girls that used glitter glue as eyeshadow.  Who knew that cheap hoes were created at such an early age? Oh, the people in the Maury show probably would be aware of such concepts.

For a while last year, I tried to imagine what my life would be like if I became who I used to be:  that punk rock/goth girl with raccoon eye makeup and too many piercings.  I tried recreating the look and realized that I can no longer pull it off without people thinking I was trying to be some sort of late blooming hipster.  No.  My current identity begs to stay.

But if there was something I learned about today's conversation with Ben, it would be that I should take life less seriously and let my poor deprived little soul go wild.  But if I behaved with other people the way I do on chats with Ben, I'm sure a portion of the people who respect me now would be in awe.  Sorry, I was born to be wild.  In all honesty, I'm a good person, really I am...but I'm like the Jabberwocky with the jaws that bite, the claws that catch! 
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

Dina Starr

1 comment:

  1. Oh, middle school. Those were the weird old days. That I wish I could forget.

    Frankly, I'm just as excited as you are about being able to go a little more wild and be a little more spontaneous in college. Cheers to a more obnoxious future!

    ReplyDelete